Magento Version Upgrade Services
Why is it needed ?
You do have a great store..NO DOUBT. But again “ Why not make it better ? “ “ Get it secured “
One of the easiest ways to do so is to get a Magento Upgrade. How exactly can it help you ?
- includes new features like the Visual Layout Editor, that makes it much easier to drag-and-drop blocks of text or images on pages. This will be a welcome change to the somewhat difficult process of working within layers of template files.
- Removes some payment methods
- Slims down by 20% the config.xml file
- Adds the “container” to the layout options, in addition to Magento’s “blocks”:
- Containers can contain blocks.
- Containers can contain other containers.
- Containers are part of the visual design editor, that allows you to move blocks around.
- Magento 2 eliminates skins, and instead uses themes. This removes the packages from the entire Magento file system.
- Magento 2 allows you to manage design themes and packages via the database (vs. uploading files).
- How cookies are handled, as well as session information.
- Magento 2 migrates to jQuery, which wasn’t robust enough when Magento first started, but now is an industry standard.
- Magento 2 relies on REST API and SOAP with WSI compliance.
- Magento 2.0 uses the Zend Framework 2 for performance issues including a cache engine, translations and the database access layer.
- Magneto 2.0 will support the use of Microsoft SQL server databases, Oracle, and some other databases as well (as well as MySQL).